Posted By Staff Reporter
Police in NCD have turned down politician and activist Nole Anjo's request to stage another protest march.
Mr. Anjo said he wrote formally to Police Commissioner Geoffrey Vaki and NCD Metropolitan Superintendent Perou N’dranou but was warned not to carry out the protest.
However Mr N’dranou replied stating Mr Anjo’s views does not represent associating NGO’s or similar minded groups. N’dranou stated that police will maintain peace and order in the city.
Activist Noel Anjo has gone to seek the courts intervention on his denial in staging another peaceful march.
Mr Anjo filed the application at the Waigani Court Registry late last week. He said the march was planned because Prime Minister Peter O’Neill failed to respond to the petition that was delivered to him through Police Minister Robert Atiyafa.
Mr Anjo’s application will be heard at the courts on Wednesday 16th June.
Papua New Guinea daily News updates
Let Your Voice be heard: Submit your news articles, commentaries, letters , Photos, Media Releases etc to us on this email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe for News Alerts
Get Breaking News Headlines through Email: Subscribe Now