For 38 years we have been talking about corruption. Some people have been using the issue of corruption as a political platform to enter politics. But corruption is still here today and is quickly spreading like a virus with no cure.
The most critical questions we all should ask in the fight against corruption are; (1) what are the solutions to corruption; (2) who should be responsible for the solutions of corruption; and (3) when will corruption be fully addressed?
The purpose of the PNG Anti-Corruption Movement for Change (PNGACMC) is to remove the actions of men that have caused the corruption problem and to stop the actions of men from sitting on the solutions of corruption through the following means:
• Remove the secrecy under which corruption flourishes and expose it to all Papua New Guineans (starting from the grassroots level up), so that they are fully aware of corruption in PNG and those who are responsible;
• To raise awareness of the damaging effects of corruption in the country at the grassroots level, so that everyone is aware of what is corruption doing to this country and our lives;
• To set up a comprehensive network of people movement against corruption across the country for all walks of life to share information on corruption and carry out awareness on corruption, on a daily basis;
• To expose corruption in Papua New Guinea to the rest of the world to attract the attention of the international community of our plight and struggle against corruption;
• To influence the government of the day on key Anti-Corruption policies as the people desires;
OBJECTIVES OF PNG ANTI-CORRUPTION MOVEMENT FOR CHANGE (PNGACMC)
• To eradicate corruption in Papua New Guinea by changing the attitude and perception of the people by exposing the impacts and dangers of corruption on the lives of the people;
• To eradicate corruption in Papua New Guinea by portraying corruption as the worst enemy for the country’s progress and development so that every Papua New Guinea take ownership and shoulder the responsibility of addressing the problem together;
• To provoke public outcry and voice against corruption pressuring the government to take appropriate anti-corruption policies or measures to address and eradicate corruption in PNG once and for all; and
• To get the help of the international community, particularly the international media, foreign government, concerned individuals (e.g. celebrities) and NGO groups to support us in our fight against corruption;
The PNG Anti-Corruption Movement for Change (PNGACMC) is going to be a nationwide movement against corruption of all like-minded people from all works of life (consists of grassroots, youths and professionals) taking the lead in the fight against corruption to say enough is enough. The purpose of this group is to remove the 38 years leadership, which has created the corruption problem from sitting on its solutions.
The group is a network of people who are crazy for change in this country to rise up together despite our differences to expose the truth and secrecy about corruption in Papua New Guinea unlike before with renewed energy and determination to attract the attention of all the seven million plus people of PNG as well as the global community to this issue which now a disease that seem impossible to contain its spread. In the end, the 38 years leadership must be removed from sitting on the solutions to corruption.
If anyone out there would like to sponsor this first meeting so that we can hold it in a proper conference room, we would greatly appreciate your contribution. This is going to be an effort that will definitely make a difference in the fight against corruption.
Also, invitation is extended out to any media personal who want to capture this first yet important event is kindly invited to attend this meeting. This is going to be a long struggle that in the end will not only change this country but will also transform this country as well as offer a new way forward for the country. Follow the movement closely and capture every moments, so that a documentary can be produced after we achieve what we all want to achieve in the end.
Please, all is welcome to start this historical movement against corruption to change this country once a