Posted By Staff Reporter
By Allan Bird, Governor of East Sepik
One thing I see in our people is a lack of discipline and a lack of vision.
This entire planet revolves around the ability to make money efficiently with little or no losses.
In the 80s, we took over the plantations from the white people and they left. The State owns 3% of the land, we still own the remaining 97%.
Last week, ESP ran out of petrol again. On the 15th, we ran out of flour and cooking oil.
Every week, chicken, lamb and beef products run out. Milk runs out and even bottled water.
It is hard get live pigs. They have run out. A small pig is sold for at least K1500. I bought a big one for K3000 not so long ago.
The reason for this is that ordinary people are making money from their land and rivers.
Since independence, no export vessels left Wewak Port for overseas markets. Today around 5 or 6 vessels a month leave Wewak for overseas ports.
Let's stop blaming foreignors. Let's develop our economy, produce goods that we can trade with other countries. Only through trade can we realise the wealth of our land.
Sitting back and expecting manna fromh heaven and blaming others.
We need to be more disciplined with our resources.
Next: Can PNG Realise Its Ambitious Agricultural Goals
Papua New Guinea Economy Watch
This blog page updates all the Economy activities in Papau New Guinea. ..Get Free Webpage for your company/Organisation . Contact us
Mining & Petroleum